Friendly Staff. Beautiful Smiles. Welcoming Environment.
Experience a different kind of dentistry – one that is holistically and biologically concerned,
always centered on the patient and wellness.
Our patients choose care based on their own goal – we help get them there.
Call (225) 664-0210 today with questions or to book an appointment.
The Problem with Traditional Dentistry
All dental problems start off small. A tiny speck of plaque around the gums; a minuscule fracture on the surface of the tooth; a nearly-undetectable cavity. However, if left untreated, the problem grows over time, resulting in a much bigger problem (root canal, extraction, crown). The reactionary approach of traditional dentistry never actually gets you healthy – it only maintains the status quo – a mouth full of small problems, ready to turn into big ones at a moment’s notice. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be this way.
Patient-Centered Dental Care
Holistic Dentistry Services in Walker, Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Livingston
As providers of Holistic Dentistry, we believe the mouth is not a separate compartment from the body. We must remember that the same blood that flows through your teeth and gums also travels to the rest of your body including your heart and other organs. The body functions as a whole, complete system or in a holistic manner. Thus dental disease has an impact on one’s systemic health, also the mouth can be viewed as a window to the health of the whole body! I think that better reflects what we need.
Are You Looking For a Dentist Who Focuses on Your Total Health and Wellness?
Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with C.J. Richard.
Good Health Starts In the Mouth – 3 Goals
- Infection-Free Gum Tissue and Bone – Periodontal disease causes tooth loss, and is linked with heart disease (the same bacteria has been found in both sites). Solution: Brush, Floss & Regular Dental Cleanings
- No Cracks, Decay or Openings In Teeth – These fractures allow bacteria to invade the tooth pulp, which threatens the tooth. Solution: Seal the Teeth
- Separation: Teeth Should Not Touch While Sleeping – Clenching and grinding are a common cause of tooth damage. Solution: A simple sleeping appliance.
Benefits of the Wellness Model:
- Less dental treatment over your lifetime
- Avoidance of extreme treatments like extractions and root canals
- Better overall health
- Less expense in the long run
- Good nutritional options for life
So let us be your dental coach – not just your doctor or teacher, but a real coach that will stand by you through the years to lessen the financial and mental stress that too often accompany the average dental story.
Example: Better Dental Treatment Options
Typically, when a tooth is broken, a crown is placed. Yet, most dentists know that crowns are often an overly aggressive treatment for small cracks. We want you to know that you do have a choice: new technologies in bonding, known as “Maximized Adhesive Dentistry” allow us to fix broken teeth in a less invasive way. With techniques like this, we are able to preserve the tooth structure and protect the pulp in just one visit.
As Hippocrates, the Greek physician, said “Preventing disease is preferable to waiting for disease to happen”.
Whatever state you think your oral health is in, there is a plan and a solution for you. We are ready to help you create a personalized plan for a lifetime of healthy, happy smiles! Please call us at (225) 664-0210
Our mission is to have a positive impact on the health and life of those we serve.
Thank you for choosing our dental practice to help you maintain good oral health.
- We appreciate your trust and confidence.
- We are here to render caring, quality dental care, promptly and professionally, in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere. Our success depends upon our doing this well. We put the patient first in all we do. We aspire to consistently high standards of excellence and patient satisfaction.
Please keep us informed of any changes.
As you may know, medical conditions can affect your overall health. Have you had any recent illnesses? Do you have any chronic conditions? It is important to share this information with us at every dental appointment so we can consistently provide the most complete and appropriate care.
At every dental visit, please bring a list of any medications you are taking, including both prescription and over-the-counter products. We will carefully evaluate your medical information before providing dental care.